Top 10 Excuses
If your bell choir is anything like Golden Bells, then you have heard every excuse in the book as to why the music is impossible to play. Or why your bell did not ring at the proper time although you are positive that you did, in fact, ring it...at least that is your story and you are sticking to it! Or, if your neigboring bell buddy could play their part correctly, then it would make it easier for you to play on the beat! The reasons (excuses) are endless. Here are some of the 10 best that we have heard. If you have heard any others, we would love to hear from you. Just contact us and tell us your excuse and we will post it for you.
- I lost my place when his cellphone went off.
- My mallets got caught in my sweater.
- This light is too dim.
- Let go of my bell!
- I can’t play in white gloves.
- Oops! The other F sharp.
- Why do we have to have key changes?
- After crashing a bell against a chime...Is it OK? Yes, not a scratch on the chime.
- I couldn’t make rehearsal...I didn’t have any clean underwear.
- Ouch! I hit myself in the head with my mallet.